Nanyang Technological University offers an MBA with a distinctive interdisciplinary curriculum that not only equips you with future-ready skills but also aims to nurture your innovation and creativity. This remarkable approach leverages NTU’s unparalleled technology and innovation strengths, tapping into the expertise of world-class research centers, and forging strong industry connections to provide you with practical learning experiences. Through the NTU Singapore MBA, you’ll be empowered to tackle complex and emerging business challenges with confidence.
The program places a strong emphasis on molding agile and impactful leaders. Alongside comprehensive leadership-focused modules, you’ll receive personalized coaching and engage in an enriching Asian leadership series, all of which contribute to your personal leadership growth. Moreover, you’ll gain a profound understanding of key sustainable and ethical business strategies that not only benefit organizations but also positively impact society at large.
So, if you’re eager to discover the pathway to success in the dynamic world of business and leadership, stay tuned as we unravel all the wonders that the Nanyang MBA at NTU has to offer. Let’s dive in and unlock the potential of your future career!
The Full-time NTU Singapore MBA is a one-year program that offers five different career tracks for students to choose from.
The duration of the Nanyang MBA Course is 12 months, designed to offer students a thorough understanding of business and management, equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge to thrive in a dynamic global economy. The Nanyang MBA program comprises a range of essential courses and specialization tracks-
Core Courses at Nanyang MBA
- Accounting – provides a fundamental understanding of accounting principles and their applications in business.
- Finance – covers the financial theories and tools used in managing a firm’s assets and liabilities.
- Marketing – focuses on marketing strategies and tactics to create and deliver value to customers.
- Strategic Management – teaches students how to formulate and implement strategies to achieve a firm’s goals.
- Analytics for Decision Making – helps students use data analysis tools to make informed decisions in a business setting.
Specialization Tracks (Electives) at Nanyang MBA
- Business Analytics – focuses on the application of data analytics to solve business problems.
- Marketing Management – delves deeper into marketing theories and strategies for creating and delivering value to customers.
- Human Capital Management – teaches students how to effectively manage human resources in a business setting.
- Sustainability – explores the intersection of business and environmental sustainability.
- General Management – provides a broad overview of all areas of business and management.
NTU MBA DEADLINES 2024
Application Deadlines – Yearly Intake – July
Application: 01 NovemberInterview Decision: 02 DecFinal Decision: 03 January
Application: 15 JanuaryInterview Decision: 18 FebFinal Decision: 18 March
Application: 31 MarchInterview Decision: 24 AprilFinal Decision: 15 May
To be eligible for admission to the Nanyang MBA program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years of work experience.
- Attainment of a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
- If English was not the medium of instruction during undergraduate studies, a TOEFL score of > 100 IBT or an IELTS score of > 6.5 is required.
- For added convenience, following online tests if taken no later than 31 Dec 2023 are also accepted – GMAT Online Exam; GRE Test at Home; TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition; TOEFL ITP Plus for China students; IELTS Indicator
STEP 1 – Create Online Profile:
Apply for the program via our online application system.
STEP 2 – Documents Required
- CV or Resume– Concise document highlighting your career progression to date, with details on your job responsibilities and professional accomplishments.
- Educational Documents – Degree scroll/certificate(s) and academic transcripts of each university attended (official English translation is required for non-English certificates and transcripts)
- Passport Photo– Coloured photo (taken within the last 3 months) in hi-resolution jpeg format.
- GMAT or GRE Report – You may upload your unofficial or test taker copy, if you do not have your official test scores on hand. Please arrange to have your official test scores sent to Nanyang Business School. Our GMAT institution code is V24-ZV-13 and our GRE ID code is 3802.
- Applicants who have yet to take the GMAT/EA and TOEFL/IELTS may still proceed to submit their application and indicate the test dates in the online application form.
- TOEFL or IELTS score report – Applicants are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS if English was not the medium of instruction during your undergraduate or bachelor’s degree.
- Referee Reports – Applicants are required to nominate two referees in the online application form. Upon nomination, an online referee report form will be sent to them for their completion.
- Professional Membership Certificates, if any
STEP 3 – ESSAYS
One of the most important parts of the application is the Nanyang MBA Essays. It is a great opportunity for the students to showcase their skills, their achievements, and their purpose of pursuing an MBA from Nanyang Technological University.
Check out the detailed analysis and tips for essays here.
Briefly describe your involvement in any socially responsible or sustainable development activities. (150 words)
Briefly assess your career progress to date. Elaborate on your near-term (3 – 5 years) future career objectives and how pursuing an MBA will help you achieve them. (400 words)
Tell us about two achievements (one as a leader and one as a team member) that you are most proud of, and why you feel that to be so. (400 words)
Scholarship Essay (Only For Applicants Who Intend To Apply For Scholarships):
Explain why you believe you should be awarded a scholarship and how you anticipate contributing to the Nanyang MBA program and your fellow participants. (400-word limit)
Since the time of your last application, how has your perspective regarding your future & Nanyang MBA changed? (300-word limit)
STEP 4 – Application Fees
Application fee of $100 via VISA or Mastercard. If you are unable to pay via VISA or Mastercard, please issue a cheque payable to “Nanyang Technological University” (indicate your full name and address on the reverse).
STEP 5 – Shortlisting For Interview
After your application has been reviewed, you may be shortlisted for an interview. The interview will typically be conducted online or in person and will be conducted by a member of the Nanyang MBA admissions team.
STEP 6 – Final Selection
After the interview, the admissions committee will make a final decision on your application. If you are selected for admission, you will receive an offer letter from the university.
STEP 7 – Accept The Offer
Once you receive an offer letter, you will need to accept the offer and pay the necessary Nanyang MBA fees to secure your place in the University.
FEES & SCHOLARSHIPS
The program fee for the NTU MBA in 2023 is S$66,340. It can be paid in 3 installments. Besides the program tuition fees, both local and international participants are required to pay the mandatory miscellaneous fees such as insurance, IT Facilities Fee, Examination Fees, etc.
You can read more about the fee structure, grants, and loans available here.
A range of merit-based scholarships are available to MBA participants.
Applicants will be asked if a scholarship is required when filling in the online application form for the program. If a scholarship is required, tick on the relevant scholarship(s) and complete an additional essay for the scholarship committee to review with the application documents.
There are various scholarships available in various sectors –
Nanyang MBA Scholarships
- Women in Business
- Government-Linked Companies
- Blue Chip
- ASEAN Development
- Emerging Market
- Middle East
- Latin America
- European Union
- Business Talent for Africa
- Global Citizen
Nanyang MBA graduates have excellent employment prospects, with a strong track record of successful placements. The program’s extensive industry connections and career support services ensure that students have access to a wide range of job opportunities. Nanyang MBA alumni are sought after by top companies globally, leveraging their diverse skill sets and knowledge to excel in their chosen fields.
NBS MBA’s innovative curriculum focuses on the most recent advances, providing students with industry-relevant skills and assisting them in obtaining employment in leading firms. As a result, most Nanyang MBA graduates work for top-tier firms such as Amazon, Apple, Dell, Microsoft, BCG, Deloitte Consulting, EY, GE, Hilti, McKinsey, P&G, PWC, and others.
You can check out the detailed list of scholarships here.
In conclusion, pursuing an MBA at NTU promises a transformative experience where students gain a comprehensive comprehension of business and management. The 12-month program is tailored to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in an ever-changing global economy. With a diverse range of core courses and specialization tracks, students have the opportunity to customize their learning journey according to their career aspirations.
For those seeking assistance with their application for admission at NTU, consider reaching out to us at Strategy4GMAT. Let us help you in maximizing your chances of getting admitted to the prestigious NTU MBA program.
How much is the application fee?
S$100. Please pay online or by cheque. For international applicants, please pay online or through a bank draft with the clearing bank in Singapore, and not by cheque. The application fee is non-refundable.
What should I do after submitting my application?
Submitted applications will be reviewed and a notification email will be sent to you if your application is missing some documents. Assessment begins after the application deadline of each round. You will be notified if you have been shortlisted for an interview within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline of the round which you applied to.
What is the acceptable score for GMAT?
600 and above.
Can I submit my GMAT score report at a later date?
Yes. Please submit your application online first, even if you have not taken the GMAT (you may indicate the date of your GMAT test, if any) and send your unofficial GMAT score report once you have taken the test. Please note that the assessment will only begin when we have received all your supporting documents.
What is an acceptable TOEFL score?
At least 600 for paper-based, 250 for computer-based and above 100 for internet-based tests. The institution code is 9705.
How many referee reports are required? who can my referees be?
Two (2). All reports must be submitted using the standard template.
Your referee may be –
- Your immediate supervisors (both past and present)
- University instructors
- Business associates (for self-employed only)
Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
Yes, you may apply for more than one scholarship. For the list of scholarships available, please click here.However you will be awarded only one scholarship.
How do I apply for a scholarship?
Just check the box next to the scholarship of your choice in the application form for the scholarships available.
Do note that for certain scholarships administered by external organisations, you would be required to submit an application directly to the organization.