Admissions Requirement | Class Profile | Fees | Admission Deadlines | Ranking | Placements
IIM Calcutta is consistently among the top-ranked business schools. If you have more than 5 years of professional work experience, however, the MBAEx Program at IIM Calcutta may be a better fit than the traditional, full-time program.
Consider these facts.
- IIM Calcutta was the first Indian Institute of Management to have been established.
- The MBAEx Program at IIM Calcutta featured at 44th position in the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2021.
- The class size is small (79 students in the current MBAEx classroom), but the class profile offers an amazing diversity with individuals coming from 17+ diverse professional backgrounds.
Commenced in 2006, with a strong focus on analytical and problem-solving pedagogy coupled with the institute’s vision of preparing responsible leaders, contributing to industry and society, the MBAEx Program at IIM Calcutta has become one of the most sought after one year full time residential program meant for executives. The IIM Calcutta has officially announced their admission deadlines for the 16th Batch of MBAEx program, that is, the IIM Calcutta MBAEx Class of 2023.
As a working professional you may have lost touch with a collegiate environment or thought about an application process. Especially with the workload and the ongoing pandemic worldwide it can be difficult to begin your research about the different programs. This article is here to help — we’ll tell you everything you need to know about IIM Calcutta’s MBAEx Program admission 2021-2022 so that you can decide whether it’s right for you, and learn about what IIM Calcutta looks for in an MBAEx applicant and what makes the program different.
This article majorly focuses on:
- IIM Calcutta MBAEx admission information
- Application deadline for IIM Calcutta MBAEx admission 2021-2022
- Eligibility criteria for IIM Calcutta MBAEx admission
- IIM Calcutta MBAEx programme fee schedule
- IIM Calcutta MBAEx Class Profile
- IIM Calcutta MBAEx Placement reports
- IIM Calcutta MBAEx 2020 placement statistics
- IIM Calcutta MBAEx 2020 industry wise average salary offered
- IIM Calcutta MBAEx: Top Recruiters
- Why IIM Calcutta MBAEx?
- Videos on IIM Calcutta MBAEx Academics
- Useful Links and General Information
IIM Calcutta MBAEx admission information
IIM Calcutta MBAEx admission schedule and deadline 2021-2022
This is one of the most daunting and frequently asked questions among potential MBAEx applicants. To help alleviate those concerns, we’ve laid out the schedule and deadlines for the 16th batch of MBAEx programme. IIM Calcutta is inviting applications for the MBAEx class of 2022 in three rounds. An applicant is allowed to apply only once in an academic year.
The table below details out the application deadlines and interview dates for the MBAEx class of 2023.
|June 30, 2021 –
August 30, 2021
|August 31, 2021 –
October 31, 2021
|November 1, 2021 –
January 1, 2022
|August 30, 2021
|October 31, 2021
|January 1, 2022
|Shortlisted Candidate Announcement
|September 10, 2021
|November 10, 2021
|January 8, 2022
|September 11-12, 2021
|November 19-21, 2021
|January 14-16, 2022
|Announcement of Selected Candidates
|September 27, 2021
|November 27, 2021
|Final Call for fee payment
|To be announced
|To be announced
|To be announced
Eligibility criteria for IIM Calcutta MBAEx admission
Before you begin filling out the application form, make sure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria to proceed ahead with the admission process. Below is the criteria that you need to be keep in mind:
- A bachelor’s degree (minimum 10+2+3 years of formal education) or equivalent in any discipline
- At least 5 years of full time post qualification managerial/professional experience as on March 31, 2022.
- Valid GMAT Score (taken within the last 36 months of application date).
Important Notice for the MBAEx class of 2023: This year as an exception scores of GMAT online exams are valid for MBAEx.
IIM Calcutta MBAEx Programme Fee Schedule
IIM Calcutta has placed the MBAEx programme fee for the academic year 2022-23 will be Indian Rupees 27,00,000/- (non-refundable) or equivalent US$ for one year, payable in four installments. This amount covers all the significant expenses such as the tuition fee, books and course materials, accommodation, and study tours. Besides this, you will be liable to bear other costs on your own, such as electricity, food, and other personal expenses.
|Deadline to Pay Installment
|INR 2 lacs
|To be announced
|INR 8 lacs
INR 60,000 to be paid as security deposit (refundable)
|To be announced
|INR 8 lacs
|25th July, 2022
|INR 9 lacs
|28th November, 2022
IIM Calcutta MBAEx Class Profile
If you get onboard for the IIM Calcutta one year full time residential programme, MBAEx, then one notable feature that you can be assured of is the diversity among the batch with candidates from about 17+ diverse professional backgrounds joining the programme. Let’s have a look in detail about the
incoming class profile of 2022 to help you map out a better idea.
Here is an outline of the incoming class profile for MBAEx at IIMC:
Here is an outline of the MBAEx incoming class profile of 2022 based on the industry:
Here is an outline of the MBAEx incoming class profile of 2022 based on the work experience:
IIM Calcutta MBAEx Placements
IIM Calcutta MBAEx 2020 placement statistics
MBAEx 2019-2020 witnessed a successful placement season with a total of 64 offers being made in a batch of 62 students (where 5 students had voluntarily opted out) with 92% of the class having confirmed offers by February 2020. The top recruiters for the 2019-2020 placement drive included names like Accenture, Atos, Zensar, Sapient, Amazon and Optum. There were also several new recruiters who had participated that included prominent organizations like Tata Communications, JioMart, ECom Express and hired for leadership roles.
Here is an overall overview of the placement drive:
|Number of students who opted out
|Number of offers made
|Highest salary offered
|INR 77.60 Lacs
|Average salary offered
|INR 26.24 lacs
IIM Calcutta MBAEx 2020 industry wise average salary offered
A detailed industry-wise placement report for the MBAEx 2019-2020 batch is yet to be released by IIM Calcutta.
IIM Calcutta MBAEx: Top Recruiters
With the highest salary of INR 77.60 Lacs for the class of 2020, IIM Calcutta MBAEx programme has witnessed a successful placement season with a total of 64 offers being made in a batch of 62 students.
Why IIM Calcutta MBAEx?
One aspect of the IIM Calcutta MBAEx that distinguishes itself from other programmes is the fact that it has a strong emphasis on analytical and problem-solving pedagogy.
You might find these insights helpful while making a decision:
- Emphasis on decision-making and leadership skillsInternational Immersion modules in USA and Europe
- Unique blend of theory and research: 600+ contact hours, 40 courses (25 compulsory courses and 15 elective courses)
- Appropriate mix of classroom lectures, case studies, individual and team assignments
- Excellent student teacher ratio. In Batch 10, for 68 students there were 59 teachers
- Lecture series by business luminaries and CEOs
- Engagement with public and industry champions
- Rich domain knowledge of students – diverse experiences in reputed organizations
- Well placed alumni in a wide spectrum of organizations. In the Video in the MBA for Executives Programme website, alumni from different batches speak about MBA for Executives Programme including how it has changed their perspectives of life as a professional.
- Active involvement of alumni. Formal and informal opportunities are available for current students to interact with alumni.
IIM Calcutta MBAEx Useful Links
|MBA for Executives Programme Office
|Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Diamond Harbour Road, Joka
Kolkata 700104, India
|+91 33 2467 8300-06 (Extn 1172)
Applying to a business school can be a daunting process but with the right information, resources and guidance, you can make the informed decisions about the best executive programme that’s the right fit for you. Looking for expert guidance, reach out to us at [email protected]
Video on IIM Calcutta MBAEx Academics