The University of Cambridge, renowned as one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious institutions, has consistently garnered high praise from students and scholars alike for its unwavering commitment to academic excellence and its vibrant student environment. Nestled within this esteemed institution is a relatively recent addition that has swiftly risen to prominence: the Cambridge Judge Business School. Established in 1990, this institution has made remarkable strides in the world of business education.
One of the standout offerings at Cambridge Judge is its intensive one-year MBA program, which typically commences in September. While this program may be shorter in duration compared to many MBA programs in the United States, it packs a punch with its captivating and enriching learning experience for students. Throughout your tenure in this program, you’ll find yourself deeply engaged in demanding coursework, engaging in thought-provoking discussions, and participating in immersive experiential learning opportunities.
What truly sets Cambridge Judge apart is its commitment to fostering a collaborative and inventive community. Here, students are not merely passive participants; they are encouraged to be active explorers, constantly evolving their perspectives, and establishing meaningful connections with their peers.
To step into the corridors of academic and professional excellence at Cambridge Judge Business School, aspiring MBA candidates are expected to meet certain well-defined criteria. These requirements are carefully crafted to ensure that those who join the program are not only academically sound but also possess the practical experience and ambition necessary to make a lasting impact on the global business stage.
- Work Experience and Career Progression:
Prospective students need to demonstrate a solid foundation of professional experience, with a minimum of two years in the field. Moreover, a clear trajectory of career growth and achievements should be evident, underlining the drive to make a significant mark in the business world.
- Academic Excellence:
Cambridge values academic prowess, seeking candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent, showcasing exceptional performance. The equivalent of a high 2:1 on the UK scale is the benchmark.
- Standardized Test Scores (GMAT/GRE):
As part of the application process, a valid GMAT or GRE score is essential. The average score typically hovers around 690, demonstrating a candidate’s aptitude and readiness for the academic challenges that lie ahead.
- Professional Reference:
A vital aspect of the application is a reference letter, preferably from a supervisor or manager who has closely worked with the applicant. This reference offers insights into the candidate’s professional capabilities and potential for growth within the MBA program.
- 3 Essays and Career Objective Statement:
To gauge a candidate’s goals, aspirations, and alignment with the program, applicants are required to provide responses to a careers objective statement and three short essay questions. These insights give a glimpse into their motivations and how they envision their MBA journey at Cambridge.
– You must complete the careers objectives statement and 3, shorter essays:
- Please provide details of your post-MBA career plans. The statement should not exceed 500 words and must address the following:
- What are your short and long-term career objectives? How will the Cambridge MBA equip you to achieve these?
- Looking at your short-term career goal, describe the research you have done to understand how this industry/role/location recruits MBA talent and what they are looking for in a candidate?
- How confident do you feel about meeting your short-term career goal? What skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you to achieve them, and what preparation are you doing now?
- Tell us about a time when you made a professional mistake. How could it have ended differently? (up to 200 words)
- Tell us about the best team you worked with. What made the team successful? (up to 200 words)
- Provide an example of when someone else positively impacted your life. What did you learn from this experience? (up to 200 words)
Get a detailed analysis of all the topics on our curated blog here.
- Application Fee:
As part of the application process, candidates need to submit a £165 application fee, ensuring their application is considered and processed efficiently.
- Transcripts and Degree Details:
Providing transcripts of the undergraduate degree, outlining courses taken and the level of achievement, is a fundamental requirement. These details offer valuable context regarding the applicant’s academic background.
- English Language Proficiency:
For non-native English speakers, proof of English language ability is crucial. This can be validated through a TEFL/TOEFL certificate, demonstrating proficiency in English, a key component for successful participation in the MBA program.
These admissions criteria reflect Cambridge Judge Business School’s commitment to selecting candidates who possess a blend of academic excellence, practical experience, and a genuine drive to elevate their careers and make meaningful contributions to the global business landscape. It’s a stepping stone to a transformative MBA experience that sets the stage for a prosperous future.
STEP 2 – APPLICATION REVIEW
Upon submission, your application undergoes meticulous review by the Cambridge Admissions Committee. This thorough evaluation considers all aspects, aiming to short-list candidates for a vital interview stage.
Within three weeks, you’ll receive notification of your interview status. While individual feedback for unsuccessful candidates isn’t possible due to the application volume, every application is valued and acknowledged.
In upholding the admissions process’s integrity, the University of Cambridge takes a firm stance against admissions fraud. Any falsification or use of fake documents will result in immediate application withdrawal.
Stay tuned to your inbox for updates.
STEP 3 – INTERVIEWS
Once your application has been meticulously reviewed and you find yourself short-listed, the spotlight shifts to the pivotal interview stage. This is your opportunity to present yourself in-depth and showcase your readiness for the Cambridge Judge Business School MBA journey.
- Engage in a comprehensive interview experience right at Cambridge Judge Business School’s premises.
- Partake in a two-day event featuring not only the interview but also other enriching activities.
- Connect with current and prospective students, gaining valuable insights into college life at Cambridge.
- Choose the online interview option for added flexibility and convenience.
- Maintain the essence and content of the interview, regardless of the format chosen.
STEP 4 – CONDITIONAL OFFER
After a successful interview, candidates can expect to receive a ‘Conditional Offer’ within three weeks. Occasionally, this process might extend beyond the standard timeframe.
Once you receive the ‘Conditional Offer,’ you have three weeks to make your decision. If you choose to accept the offer, you’ll be required to pay a Commitment Fee of 15% of the program fees and furnish a financial guarantee demonstrating your ability to cover the program costs.
To convert this offer to an ‘Unconditional Offer,’ certain specified conditions must be met, marking a significant step forward in securing your place in the program.
Each academic year, the full-time MBA class at Cambridge Judge Business School forms a captivating tapestry of diversity. It’s a convergence of distinct cultures, unique perspectives, and varied backgrounds. This mosaic of individuals, meticulously selected, truly embodies the spirit of innovation and global collaboration.
Comprising an elite cohort of 227 students, this community is united by their shared attributes: brilliance, curiosity, and unyielding ambition. Their collective goal extends beyond learning and expanding their knowledge; it’s about evolving into the future business leaders who will guide the global landscape. Immersed in the intellectually stimulating atmosphere of the prestigious University of Cambridge, they seize the opportunity to enrich themselves with the complete Cambridge experience.
This MBA class is a fusion of demographics and achievements that exemplify excellence:
1. Average Age: At an average age of 29, the class strikes a balance between youthful vigor and seasoned insight.
2. Gender Diversity: Impressively, 42% of the class is comprised of women, underscoring the commitment to fostering gender diversity and equality within the cohort.
3. GMAT Score: The mean average GMAT score stands at an impressive 690, showcasing their aptitude and readiness for the academic rigor that awaits them.
4. Nationalities Represented: A remarkable 45 nationalities contribute to the rich cultural exchange and global mindset within the class.
5. Work Experience: With an average of 6 years of work experience, the cohort seamlessly blends seasoned professionals with emerging talents, creating a dynamic learning environment.
This diverse mix of talents and experiences ensures a stimulating and vibrant atmosphere within the MBA class. It’s a space where collaboration and peer-to-peer learning fuel growth and innovation. As these promising individuals embark on their MBA journey, they bring with them the promise of not just transforming themselves but also reshaping the broader business landscape they will soon influence. The future of global leadership commences within the walls of Cambridge Judge Business School.
MBA CURRICULUM – JUDGE BUSINESS SCHOOL, CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY
The Cambridge Judge Business School’s MBA program unfolds over a span of 12 months, meticulously organized into four terms, each offering a unique learning focus. This structure ensures a comprehensive and enriching academic journey.
- Michaelmas Term (October to December): The MBA initiation begins with the Michaelmas Term, dedicated primarily to core courses. Students delve into fundamental subjects such as entrepreneurship, management science, and financial reporting and analysis, laying a robust foundation for the subsequent journey.
- Lent Term (January to March) and Easter Term (April to June): The Lent and Easter Terms strike a balance between core courses and electives. Students have the opportunity to tailor their learning experience by selecting from a diverse range of electives covering topics ranging from finance and strategy to philosophy in business and entrepreneurship.
- Summer Term (June to September): As the academic year approaches its culmination during the Summer Term, students have typically completed their coursework. They now stand at a critical juncture where they can choose between engaging in an individual project, a work placement, or a research paper—aligning with their career aspirations and academic preferences.
The MBA journey at Cambridge Judge Business School emphasizes experiential learning, inviting students to work collaboratively in small, close-knit teams. This experiential dimension offers invaluable opportunities to apply newly acquired skills in real-world settings, engaging with multinational organizations and live projects.
Engagement is at the heart of the program. Students have the privilege to learn from eminent faculty members and external speakers, all at the forefront of their respective domains. The interactive sessions, fueled by international peer interactions, contribute to a rigorous academic experience, promoting dynamic discussions and innovative thinking.
The MBA program is designed to be tailored to individual preferences and career goals. Beyond the core curriculum, students can personalize their academic journey through elective choices, concentrations, and project options, enabling them to craft a program that suits their aspirations and interests.
To enhance practical learning, the MBA curriculum at Cambridge Judge Business School integrates global consulting projects and compelling case studies. Students have the chance to engage with real-world business challenges, working in teams and applying their knowledge to craft innovative solutions. These projects and case studies are sourced from multinational organizations, providing a unique opportunity to gain insights into global business operations, and cultivate problem-solving skills crucial for effective leadership in today’s dynamic business environment.
The essence of the Cambridge Judge MBA program is inherently global. With a diverse cohort of peers, extensive research opportunities, a far-reaching network, and career prospects spanning the globe, the program places a strong emphasis on preparing graduates for the interconnected and dynamic global business landscape.
Embarking on the Cambridge Judge MBA curriculum is a transformative experience—a journey that melds academic rigor, experiential learning, and personalization. It equips students with the tools, knowledge, and mindset required to navigate the multifaceted world of business and emerge as visionary leaders.
CAREERS AND EMPLOYMENT STATS
The MBA journey at Cambridge Judge Business School is not only an educational pursuit but a strategic leap into enhancing and reshaping your career. The program is meticulously designed to have an immediate and lasting impact on your professional trajectory.
Working in tandem with the academic curriculum, the Career Development Programme is a guiding force that fosters your professional and personal growth. It equips you with practical skills essential for job search strategies, application processes, and successful job placements. This program is tailor-made to cater to your unique goals and aspirations, ensuring individual attention and support.
The provision encompasses crucial areas of development:
- Personal Brand and Impact: Crafting and enhancing your personal brand in the professional sphere.
- Building Your Network: Mastering the art of networking to broaden career horizons.
- Job Search and Application: Strategizing and executing effective job searches and applications.
- Interview Preparation: Navigating the interview process with confidence and finesse.
- Negotiation Skills: Learning to negotiate effectively in diverse professional settings.
- Sector Insights and Research: Gaining a deep understanding of various industry sectors.
- Entrepreneurial Pursuits: Equipping you with the know-how to initiate and manage your business ventures.
The results of this comprehensive approach to career development are nothing short of remarkable, showcasing the tangible success that graduates of the Cambridge MBA program achieve:
- 94% Employment within 3 Months: An overwhelming majority of graduates secure employment within a mere three months post-graduation.
- 97% Diverse Career Transitions: An impressive 97% of graduates successfully transitioned, whether it be changing countries, functions, or industries—42% achieved all three transformations.
- Average Post-MBA Salary: Graduates reap significant rewards, with an average post-MBA salary reaching an impressive £75,198.
- Global Reach: Graduates found opportunities in 24 different countries, demonstrating the international relevance and recognition of the program.
- Average Package Salary: The allure of a Cambridge Judge MBA is further underscored by the average package salary of £92,501*, reinforcing the program’s impactful contribution to career advancement.
At Cambridge Judge Business School, the commitment to nurturing not just knowledge but careers is evident in these exceptional outcomes. The MBA experience here is not only about academic enrichment but a holistic transformation that propels you toward a prosperous and fulfilling professional future.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Understanding the financial investment required for pursuing an MBA at Cambridge Judge Business School is a crucial aspect of planning your academic journey. Here’s an overview of the fees and living expenses associated with the program.
For the MBA Class of 2024/25, the tuition fee stands at £69,000. This fee encompasses the academic curriculum, faculty guidance, resources, and the invaluable experience of being part of the Cambridge Judge community. Additionally, there is an application fee of £165, essential for processing your application and considering you for this esteemed program.
Apart from tuition fees, it’s important to consider living expenses and set-up costs, vital for a comfortable and fruitful MBA journey.
- Living Costs: In addition to academic expenses, you’ll need to budget for your daily living. On average, basic living costs for a full-time student without dependents for the academic year 2024/25 are estimated to be £18,625. This includes accommodation, meals, transportation, and other necessary daily expenditures.
- Travel and Utility Bills: Planning for travel and utility bills is prudent. Transportation and utility expenses should be factored into your budget to ensure a seamless and efficient stay during your academic year.
Understanding the financial aspects involved in pursuing an MBA at Cambridge Judge Business School is essential for effective planning and decision-making. As you embark on this transformative journey, evaluating the associated costs allows you to make informed choices and ensures a smooth transition into the MBA experience.
Cambridge Judge Business School recognize the importance of providing financial support to deserving candidates.
- Wider Cambridge Scholarships:
- Cambridge MBA Scholarship for Regional Diversity – Five awards of 50% of the fees (rounds one to five).
- Cambridge MBA Scholarship for Professional Diversity – Five awards of 50% of the fees (rounds one to five).
- Specialized Scholarships:
- Forté Foundation Fellowship for Women – Five awards of 50% of the fees (rounds one to four).
- Cambridge MBA Scholarship for Entrepreneurs – Three awards of £15,000 each (rounds one to three).
- Cambridge MBA Scholarship for Technology Advancement – Three awards of £15,000 each (rounds one to three).
- Cambridge Judge Dean’s Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Achievement – Three awards of £15,000 each (rounds one to three).
- Reaching Out MBA Fellowship Scholarships for the LGBTQ+ Community – Two awards of 50% of the fees (rolling until awarded).
- Cambridge MBA Scholarships for Military Veterans – Two awards of £15,000 each (rolling until awarded).
In addition to scholarships, we also offer bursaries based on merit, at the discretion of the Admissions committee, upon a successful interview.
- Professor Nick Oliver MBA Scholarship for British Nationals:
- One award of £15,000 (rolling until awarded).
- Professor Jochen Runde MBA Scholarship for South African Nationals:
- One award of £15,000 (awarded in rounds one, two, or three).
Scholarships and bursaries are a significant source of financial aid. However, students use a variety of funding sources, including personal savings, family contributions, bank loans, and employer support, to fund their MBA year. Remember, not all funding needs to be secured at the application stage. It’s at the offer acceptance stage that you will need to demonstrate you have the funds in place.
The Cambridge Judge Business School MBA is your gateway to a transformative journey, propelling you towards your professional goals and a global network of knowledge. Through a curated curriculum, hands-on learning, and a supportive academic community, you will evolve into a forward-thinking leader.
For personalized application guidance and assistance with essay planning, our Admissions teams are here to help. Feel free to contact us.
Your MBA venture at Cambridge Judge Business School is more than an academic pursuit; it’s a life-changing odyssey that equips you to lead and innovate. We look forward to being part of your extraordinary journey towards making a lasting impact on the business world.
1. What is the Cambridge Judge MBA program known for?
- The Cambridge Judge MBA program is renowned for its focus on entrepreneurship, innovation, and leadership in a global context.
2. How long is the Cambridge Judge MBA program?
- The Cambridge Judge MBA program is a one-year, full-time program designed to provide a comprehensive business education in a condensed timeframe.
3. What are the admission requirements for the Cambridge Judge MBA program?
- Admission requirements typically include a bachelor’s degree, competitive GMAT or GRE scores, relevant work experience, essays, recommendations, and an interview.
4. Can international students apply to the Cambridge Judge MBA program?
- Yes, the program is open to international applicants, and a diverse cohort of students is encouraged.
5. What is the cost of tuition for the Cambridge Judge MBA program?
- Tuition fees may vary, but it’s advisable to check the official Cambridge Judge Business School website for the most up-to-date tuition information.
6. Are scholarships available for Cambridge Judge MBA students?
- Yes, there are various scholarships and financial aid options available. Be sure to explore the scholarship opportunities on the official website.
7. What is the curriculum structure of the Cambridge Judge MBA program?
- The program typically includes core courses, electives, and practical projects, with an emphasis on entrepreneurship and experiential learning.
8. Can you tell me about the Cambridge Judge MBA application deadlines?
- Application deadlines vary, so it’s essential to visit the official website for the current application deadlines and requirements.
9. What career opportunities are available to Cambridge Judge MBA graduates?
- Graduates of the program often pursue careers in consulting, finance, technology, entrepreneurship, and various other industries.
10. Does the Cambridge Judge MBA program offer networking opportunities?
- Yes, the program provides extensive networking opportunities through alumni connections, industry events, and career services.
11. How can I schedule a visit or campus tour of the Cambridge Judge Business School?
- You can typically schedule a visit or campus tour through the school’s website or by contacting their admissions office.
12. Are there any notable alumni from the Cambridge Judge MBA program?
- Yes, several successful business leaders have graduated from the program. You can find information about notable alumni on the school’s website